The first Hyatt Unbound Collection hotel in Central America set to open in spring 2022 – Hospitality Net
Where history meets design
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Hotel La Compañía will offer guests a rare look into Panama’s deeply rooted past through a design-driven experience centered on three distinct chapters of the hotel’s rich history. – Spanish colonial, French colonial and fine arts. The hotel, originally built in the 17e century as a Jesuit convent, is delicately restored by a team of expert designers, architects and historians to create a living museum where the history of Panama will be presented through a bold and contemporary design concept. Located next to the majestic ruins of a 300-year-old church, the hotel will be a romantic blend of old and new, where design, craftsmanship and cultural influences come to life with modern touch points.
Where history meets luxury
As part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio, Hotel La Compañía will appeal to discerning travelers seeking a unique hotel experience centered on heritage, culture and art. The spirit of the hotel will be woven into the style of each wing with amenities that will include:
- 88 sophisticated luxury rooms and suites, each individually designed to reflect the Spanish Colonial, French Colonial and fine art styles found throughout the hotel
- A culinary destination with several chef-led dining outlets, including a spectacular all-day dining restaurant, a cozy bistro and cafe bar, a family-style Italian restaurant and a distinctive steakhouse with an underground wine cellar dating back to 300 years. year
- Several on-site entertainment options, including a sky bar and rooftop lounge, and a lobby lounge
- One of Casco Antiguo’s largest interior courtyards with lush gardens, a tree-lined walkway for weddings and a large lawn ideal for dining and entertainment, as well as for group receptions
- Five exceptional function rooms for board meetings and group gatherings, plus the option to use the ruins of the nearby historic church as a stunning backdrop for any event
- An intimate spa with four treatment rooms and a menu that showcases the Germaine de Capuccini range of products from Spain
- A chic terrace with an infinity pool and spectacular 360-degree views of the Pacific Ocean in Panama City
- An organized collection of more than 1,600 original photographs and personalized works of art that adorn the walls of the hotel rooms as well as the public spaces
Where history meets modern experience Casco Antiguo
Located opposite the famous San José Church, right in the heart of Panama’s colorful “old town”, the hotel is poised to be one of the neighborhood’s crown jewels. It’s poised to bring a revitalizing retreat to the Historic District which is a popular destination for its restaurants, bars, and cultural attractions. The rebirth of this emblematic structure under the name of Hotel La Compañía will produce a new history where a unique program, extraordinary gastronomy and unforgettable experiences will make the hotel and the district the epicenter of Panama’s cultural and historical scene. A feast for the eyes and food for the soul, Hotel La Compañía will offer its guests and visitors a passage to the very heart of Panama.